Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Importance of Being Cleo


Cleo the Jungle Cat



Cleo is forced to admit to leading a double life. In the wild, the jungle as I call it, she assumes the role of mouser extraordinaire, keeper of the dogs, biter and nipper of all that disrupts, mad dasher around the jungle <aka my house>, and plenty of attitude for the perceived benefit of her family.  Yes, my little girl is “of the jungle.”
But in enters Cleo’s other persona. In the city, which I call my home when visitors come for a meal or a cocktail and talk of politics and poetry, the barn transforms into a lovely parlor. Cleo becomes civilized. Meanwhile, she assumes the identity of an engaging cat that wins hearts.
Living a double life is hard no doubt but Cleo is a winner. It must be the racing stripe running vertical on her face.
“I’ve now realized for the first time in my life the vital Importance of Being Earnest.” Ahem Cleo!
So, yes, today I toast “The Importance of Being Cleo.” 
The End.
Cleo the Hostess

No comments:

Post a Comment