Friday, May 6, 2011

My Old Kentucky Home


Photo Credit: Whit Chandler


The best thing about the Kentucky Derby is watching the crowd, trained to roar, sing "My Old Kentucky Home." The alcohol’s been flowing for hours, beautiful women, clad in spring hats, sway and everyone proudly sings the words of their own national anthem.  At least my observation through the years; see for yourself Saturday afternoon.

Click link below to hear former Kentucky Governor Albert B. "Happy" Chandler sing his anthem.


Yesterday, the Derby came up in conversation with a friend who grew up in the South. We compared notes about the Infield at Churchill Downs. Our chatter, post royal wedding, was on hats over horses. She told me, “Your smile is always so radiant when you talk about living in Kentucky.” 

My Old Kentucky Home
Photo Credit: Whit Chandler




1 comment: