Friday, July 22, 2011

A Big ‘ol Emotion in This Emotionless World

"Tears," photograph by Man Ray (1932)



What do you perceive as your best quality as a human being? How about the most limiting? For me and many others the answer is the same to both questions.
I would never trade being a sensitive and emotional woman though it can come with a price tag that is a challenge to absorb. Yet it also allows me to be a compassionate and giving person, one who forgives easily and intuits other’s feelings and needs. This sensitive little creature of the universe feels the bruises of life’s challenges and disappointments on a profound level. Often too deeply I’m told. 
The quest to find a balance--one that embraces my sensitivity and compassion but honors the reality and the limitations of emotions gone awry--continues one day at a time.

1 comment:

  1. Annie,
    I found that photo by Man Ray in Paul's possessions after he died. I still have it.
    Best, Madeline

    ReplyDelete