Friday, July 1, 2011

Little Angel, Little Brother

I'm uncertain what I miss the most: the memories of my brother from summers past or the fact that we can't make new ones this summer, or ever. Jim will be with me at the fireworks stand, one of his guilty pleasures each summer, and as I celebrate with plenty of fire in the sky. Little Angel, Little Brother--I miss your sense of humor and your rugged good looks.
Jim's Last Cardinals Game
Jim took in a Cardinals game with his close friend Dan Riepe (a diehard Cubs fan). They met up with brothers Hartley and John and by all accounts many great memories were made that summer evening.

Jim's Last Vacation
Santa Barbara, Calif. and a Side Trip to See the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library
Jim traveled with his best friend--his Mom--in Summer 2010.




1 comment:

  1. I can understand how much you miss your brother. I miss my identical twin sister very much. I find writing as therapy and I am sure you also find it helpful. I have a Blog titled 'JUDY H-J'S THOUGHTS - A TWINLESS TWIN' where I share articles, poems, quotations, music videos, pictures etc which have helped me on this difficult journey. I hope we can find comfort along the way. Take care and my best wishes to you.
    Judy from Jamaica

    ReplyDelete